Cyborg Odyssey is a mixed media work where a cyborg mother is talking to her two sons about how bias and male privilege will be taught to them as they grow up in their culture. She puts them on a culture counteraction ride so that they can learn to be skeptical of bias.
Video, found footage, after effects animation, and sand animation will be used to cover the distance of the scripted prose voice over.
Here is what I’m thinking needs to be explored/done:
- I’d like the voice over to have several voices merged together at times as well as to have a mechanical glitch effect ever so often. Furthermore, I’d like for it to have a comforting story telling feel about it.
- I’ve had difficulty filming some of the parts so I may need to be evasive about who (mother) is speaking so I need to figure out how to make either several women’s faces generalize to that role which means I need to film several people saying “there is something I must tell you” or alternatively mix in found footage, or not show the mother. lastly, I could be that person and that would require another camera person.
- I might need to reshoot a few things to get more amazing footage.
- The sand animation is still in the works.
- The after effects animation is also still in the works.